What is intelligence?
Two men were digging a ditch on a very hot day. One said to the other, "Why are we down in this hole digging a ditch when our boss is standing up there in the shade of a tree?"
一個非常炎熱的夏日,兩個人正在挖溝。其中一個對另一個說:“你說為什么我們在溝里挖土,老板卻在樹蔭下站著看?”
"I don't know," responded the other. "I'll ask him."
“我不知道,”另一個人回答說:“你等我去問問他。”
So he climbed out of the hole and went to his boss. "Why are we digging in the hot sun and you're standing in the shade?"
他爬出地溝向老板走去:“為什么我們在大太陽底下挖溝,可是你卻在樹蔭下站著?”
"Intelligence," the boss said.
老板回答說:“因?yàn)橹腔邸!?o:p>
“What do you mean, ‘intelligence'?”
“什么意思?智慧?”
The boss said, "Well, I'll show you. I'll put my hand on this tree and I want you to hit it with your fist as hard as you can." The ditch digger took a mighty swing and tried to hit the boss' hand.
老板說:“這樣吧,我來告訴你。我把手放在樹上,你用拳頭打我的手,能用多大勁就用多大勁?!庇谑悄莻€挖溝人掄圓胳膊向老板的手打了過去。
The boss removed his hand and the ditch digger hit the tree. The boss said, "That's intelligence!"
可是老板在最后一刻把手移開了,挖溝人的拳頭擊在了樹上。老板說:“這就是智慧?!?o:p>
The ditch digger went back to his hole. His friend asked, "What did he say?"
挖溝人回到溝里。他的朋友便問:“他怎么說?”
"He said we are down here because of intelligence."
“他說我們之所以在溝里是因?yàn)橹腔??!?o:p>
"What's intelligence?" said the friend.
“什么智慧?”他的朋友問。
The ditch digger put his hand on his face and said, "Take your shovel and hit my hand."
本文地址:http://www.autochemexpert.com/writing/humor/43727.html