與老朋友們保持聯系(英漢雙語美文)
慵懶的午后,愿這一篇美文能夠為你的生活增添一份色彩,英語頻道為大家準備了一系列中英雙語美文,供大家閱讀參考。更多精彩內容盡在英語頻道!
Staying in touch with old friends
與老朋友們保持聯系
I recently met an old friend I hadn’t seen in ages.
我最近見了一位許久沒見面的老朋友。
He said that he had been busy and also didn’t really know to contact me.
他說自己過去一直很忙,也真的不知道與我聯系。
I told him the same.
我告訴我也是一樣。
The truth is, we have a few mutual friends, and if we had really wanted to contact each other, we could have.
事實是,我們有一些共同的朋友,如果我們真的想聯系對方,我們可以馬上聯系得到。
But with busy schedules, and family life--and all sorts of things going on --well, I guess we just lost touch.
但是繁忙的日程安排和家庭生活——及各種各樣的事情——嗯,我想我們就失去聯系了。
So, I got to thinking about the people I am in touch with now and those I’d like to contact.
所以,我開始思考我現在聯系到的人及我想聯系的人。
I have a lot of friends and acquaintances,
我有很多朋友和老相識,
I used to have many more. Somewhere along the line,
我以前有更多。但事與愿違,
we just lost contact with each other.
我們剛剛失去了聯系。
I’d like to contact some of my friends from high school.
我想聯系一些高中的朋友。
I’d like to say hello to some of the people I used to know in New York and California,
我想和一些自己曾經在紐約和加利福尼亞州認識的人打個招呼,
I know I could do it.
我知道我能做到。
It wouldn’t require me to bend over backwards,
它不會讓我使出渾身解數,
but I am not sure if I should.
但是我不確定自己是否應該這樣做。
I mean, I have my hands full right now with family and work.
我的意思是,現在的工作和家庭已經讓我分身乏術。
Plus, I have people that I am in contact with now,
另外,我現在也和一些人保持著聯系,
and I fell kind of guilty that I am not able to spend more time with them.
有種罪惡感蒙上我的心頭,我不可以在他們身上再花更多的時間。
Who needs more guilt? Not me!
誰需要更多的罪惡?不是我!
本文地址:http://www.autochemexpert.com/writing/essay/102004.html